OVRDC is ready to launch the first-ever RTPO Transportation Photo Contest, submit your photos from May 20 – July 17, 2020.
The contest is an opportunity to share your talent and your transportation-related snapshots that tell a positive story of #SoOhio through dynamic images showing we are a region #OnTheMove.
Click here to download the contest entry form. 2020_RTPO_Photo_Entry_Form
Photo Contest Rules:
- The photo contest is open from May 20 to July 17, 2020 (closing at 11:59 PM EST)
- The contest is open to anyone 18 and older
- Photos must have been taken within the past two years
- Photos must be taken within the 12-county region OVRDC serves (Adams, Brown, Clermont, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross, Scioto, Vinton)
- Before submission, photographer must have consent from identifiable persons in photos, if applicable
- Photos may not be composite edited or noticeably photoshopped
How to Submit Photos:
- All photos must be submitted digitally and accompanied by an entry form
- Photos from both digital cameras and high-resolution smartphones will be accepted
- E-mail your photos and completed entry form to Gina Collinsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, write “RTPO Photo Contest Submission.”
- If the files are too big for email, you can opt to submit via WeTransfer file-sharing site, using the same email address
Judging and Prizes:
We are looking for creative, engaging, and exciting photos that showcase transportation-themed people, places, things, and activities in our region. The entry form lists specific categories with examples.
Finalists will be chosen by a select committee and then posted to the OVRDC Facebook page for the final determination of the People’s Choice winner chosen by the public. The People’s Choice will be the cover shot for the Active Transportation Plan and distributed throughout the region. Final selections will be announced late summer, and the winning photo will be featured as a cover on the RTPO Transportation Improvement Plan. Any photo submitted may be featured throughout OVRDC communications, both print and online.
This request is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are submitting your photos to the Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission and not to Facebook. The photos you submit will be used for OVRDC communications, print and online only, and will not be shared with any other party.
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. The owner retains all copyright of the image, granting OVRDC a non-exclusive use of the image[s]. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook. Any questions comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission, not Facebook.