OVRDC Regional Transportation Planning Organization | RTPO Map Portal
This map portal highlights transportation data in the OVRDC RTPO region. Use the buttons below the map to show different subject areas. For access to the raw data behind these maps see the Regional Data Portal. Definitions of the terms and data can be found below. Updates happen on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions regarding the maps, data, corrections, or other issues please contact our office using the form below or using the direct links provided on the Staff page.
Map Portal Data Definitions
- Bridge General Appraisal (GA) – A composite condition measurement based on the existing condition of the bridge compared to its as-built condition. Values range from 0 to 9, with 9 being like new and 0 being out of service.
- Roadway Pavement Condition Rating (PCR) – An index used to describe the condition of the pavement based on roughness, visual distress, skid resistance and deflection. Low volume route distresses are manually measured while high volume routes are conducted visually due to inaccessibility.
- Crashes – Vehicular crashes resulting in serious injury or death, as reported by ODOT, are clustered within a 0.1 mile radius.
- Congestion Management System (CMS) Car/Truck – A forecasted volume on state system segments that exist in the TSR (Traffic Survey Reports) using analysis of historical TSR volumes combined with the statewide travel demand forecasting model, in order to develop simple statewide average growth rates.
- US Designated Bicycle Route System (USBRS) – A connection throughout the U.S. of numbered interstate bicycle routes. Comments are still being accepted for Ohio’s proposed routes, contact OVRDC for more information.
- Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) – Ohio’s four year transportation planning document. Presents a fiscally balanced, multimodal transport program that serves as a reference for getting approval for federal funds.
- Ports – Commercial inland waterfront facilities that promote intermodal analysis. Includes information on berthing, cranes, transit sheds, grain elevators, marine repair and storage facilities.