CALL FOR NATURAL RESOURCE ASSISTANCE COUNCIL CLEAN OHIO COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS
The District Fifteen Natural Resources Assistance Council (NRAC) Clean Ohio program is a working committee responsible for recommending projects for funds made available to southern Ohio counties through the Ohio Public Works Commission Clean Ohio Green Space Conservation Program.
The Public Works Integrating Committee is seeking nominations for the District Fifteen NRAC, as defined in Section 164.21 (A) of the Ohio Revised Code. The committee and program liaison will screen applicants to appoint NRAC members to current committee vacancies.
Each committee position serves a three (3) year term, and terms can be renewed for multiple years. Members of the NRAC Clean Ohio committee volunteer their services and are not compensated.
Anyone interested in being considered for the NRAC must represent an agency that falls within the following group:
- A conservation organization, an environmental advocacy organization, or an organization with a primary interest in watershed protection and restoration, such as the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Ohio or the United States Environmental Protection Agency, or the United States Natural Resources Conservation Service
- A county, municipal corporation, township, conservancy district, regional or joint district or unit of local government, or regional or joint political subdivision that is located within the geographical jurisdiction of the appointing integrating committee;
- A conservation organization, an environmental advocacy organization, and an organization with a primary interest in watershed protection and restoration, the Department of natural resources, the environmental protection agency, or the United States natural resources conservation service;
- A city park system or metropolitan park system or a board of park commissioners from a county that is located within the geographical jurisdiction of the appointing integrating committee, a statewide parks and recreation organization, or the United States national park service.
- A statewide organization representing agriculture, and an organization representing forestry interests, the Department of Agriculture, or the United States Department of Agriculture;
- An organization representing business, local Realtors, or a planning agency, including a Port. authority, located within the geographical jurisdiction of the appointing integrating committee.”
Interested in applying, or nominating someone for the board? Please reach out to Isaac Dixon, program liaison, no later than Monday, May 1, 2023, for an application packet.
Isaac Dixon, Clean Ohio Liaison
Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission
73 Progress Drive
Waverly, OH 45690
Call Isaac for more information at (740) 947-2853, or go online to learn more online here.