A recent financial audit of the Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission (OVRDC) by the Auditor of State Keith Faber’s office has returned a clean audit report for the period ending December 31, 2021. OVRDC’s excellent record-keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award. This will be the ninth year that OVRDC has received this award under the direction of Juanita Bragg, Finance Director.
The Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission is a public regional planning commission established by agreement among its members pursuant to Section 713.21 of the Ohio Revised Code, as amended. Acting in the capacity of a Regional Planning Commission, OVRDC coordinates federal, state, and local resources to encourage development in 12 southern Ohio counties: Adams, Brown, Clermont, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross, Scioto and Vinton.
OVRDC works with local communities and organizations to secure Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC), US Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA), and Ohio Public Works Commission (OPWC) funding. OVRDC was also designated by the Ohio Department of Transportation as a Regional Transportation Planning Organization.
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments, agencies, and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria for a “clean” audit report:
- Must be a GAAP entity without a CAFR (Certified Annual Financial Report) that timely files their financial reports with the Auditor of State;
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
Congratulations to OVRDC staff members Juanita Bragg, Finance Director, and Monica Gaffin, Bookkeeper/Executive Assistant for the excellent work they do on behalf of the agency.