Bicycle Education Ride – Portsmouth “How We Roll”
Date: Jul 27, 2017
Time: All Day
OVRDC is partnering with Portsmouth Connex to offer a FREE educational ride for anyone who wants to learn the rules of the road and practice navigating the road by bicycle. This ~ 2 hour ride is going to be offered on Thursday, July 27th from 3-5pm leaving from Alexandria Point Park in Portsmouth. Space is very limited – please RSVP as soon as possible. Email Nick Kroncke at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to RSVP.
*Operational bicycle and helmet are required for the ride*
This ride is geared towards everyone – from those who haven’t rode since childhood to lifelong bicyclists!
Rides are led and swept by trained guides who provide:
- A route of increasing levels of difficulty that features as many different roadway types as possible
- A thorough overview of bike law and lane positioning (i.e. remaining visible and predictable)
- Information about the places being experience (a sensory experience)
- Opportunities for feedback and continual improvement based on responses (i.e. evaluation)
- Increase confidence and competence navigating roadways
- Offer opportunity to learn skills users need to replace car trip with bike trip..a mode shift
- 60% of people are “bike curious” want to replace one of their trips (can be work commute, to lunch, to groceries, park/recreation facility).
- Provide skills users are excited to share with other people