Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) Program
ARC FY 2024 Pre-Application Period
The mission of the ARC is to be a strategic partner and advocate for sustainable community and economic development in Appalachia. The current ARC 2022 – 2026 Strategic Plan, “Investing in Appalachia’s Future,” lists 5 goals that define social and economic conditions that must be created to realize the ARC vision and guide the Commission’s program investment. The ARC 2022-2026 Strategic Plan will assist you with preparing a project proposal summary.
- Economic Opportunities – invest in entrepreneurial and business development strategies that strengthen Appalachia’s economy.
- Ready Workforce – increase the education, knowledge, skills, and health of residents to work and succeed in Appalachia
- Critical infrastructure – invest in critical infrastructure especially broadband, transportation, including the Appalachian Development Highway System, and water/wastewater systems
- Natural and Cultural Assets – strengthen Appalachia’s community and economic development potential by leveraging the Region’s natural and cultural heritage assets.
- Leadership and Community Capacity – Build the capacity and skills of current and next-generation leaders and organizations to innovate, collaborate, and advance community and economic development.
ARC FY22 Preapplication Q&A video was recorded live on the OVRDC Facebook page in February 2021.
Ready to Apply?
The following documents will help with compiling the ARC pre-application for FY 2024 funding. Pre-applications must be scanned and emailed as a single .PDF for submission to Kerri Richardson, Economic Development Coordinator. The deadline to submit a pre-application is 12:00 pm noon on May 19, 2023.
- ARC 2022-2026 Strategic Plan
- Ohio’s State Strategy Statement (strategies start on page 12)
- Guidelines for Preparing an ARC FY 2024 Pre-Application
Start here – the strategic documents and the guidelines above are step by step help for understanding priority projects, instructions, eligibility, submission deadlines, and more.
- Letter of Intent (Start Here)
- Checklist for ARC Pre-Applications (Required)
- Executive Summary (Required)
- Estimated Project Timeline for Construction Applications OR Estimated Project Timeline for Non-Construction Applications (Required)
- Urgency of Need Statement Writing Prompt (Required)
- NEW! Important Buy America Procurement Guidelines
- Preapplication Supplement 1 for Construction Projects Utilizing Loan Dollars
- Preapplication Supplement 1 for Non-Construction Projects Utilizing Loan Dollars
Read the general ARC information below for additional help with the pre-application process:
- ARC Fact Sheet
- FY 2024 Application Process Timeline
- ARC Program – Important Supplemental Information
- ARC Program Rating Sheets