Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) Program
ARC FY 2022 Pre-Application Period
The mission of the ARC is to be a strategic partner and advocate for sustainable community and economic development in Appalachia. The current ARC 2016 – 2020 Strategic Plan, “Investing in Appalachia’s Future,” lists 5 goals that define social and economic conditions that must be created to realize the ARC vision and guide the Commission’s program investment. The ARC 2016-2020 Strategic Plan will assist you with preparing a project proposal summary.
- Economic Opportunities – invest in entrepreneurial and business development strategies that strengthen Appalachia’s economy.
- Ready Workforce – increase the education, knowledge, skills and health of residents to work and succeed in Appalachia
- Critical infrastructure – invest in critical infrastructure especially broadband, transportation, including the Appalachian Development Highway System, and water/wastewater systems
- Natural and Cultural Assets – strengthen Appalachia’s community and economic development potential by leveraging the Region’s natural and cultural heritage assets.
- Leadership and Community Capacity – Build the capacity and skills of current and next-generation leaders and organizations to innovate, collaborate, and advance community and economic development.
ARC Q&A video with Economic Development Coordinator Jessica Keeton and Public Information Coordinator Gina Collinsworth was recorded live on the OVRDC Facebook page in February 2021.
Ready to Apply?
The following documents will help with compiling the ARC pre-application for FY 2022 funding. Pre-applications must be scanned and emailed as a single .PDF for submission to Jessica Keeton, Economic Development Coordinator. The deadline to submit a pre-application is 12:00 pm noon on May 14, 2021.
- ARC 2016-2020 Strategic Plan (this is the most current strategic plan due to COVID-related impact)
- Ohio State Strategy Statement (strategies start on page 12)
- Guidelines for Preparing an ARC FY 2022 Pre-Application
Start here – the strategic documents and the guidelines above are step by step help for understanding priority projects, instructions, eligibility, submission deadlines, and more.
- NEW! Letter of Intent (Start Here)
- Checklist for ARC Pre-Applications (Required)
- Executive Summary (Required)
- Estimated Project Timeline for Construction Applications OR Estimated Project Timeline for Non-Construction Applications (Required)
- Urgency of Need Statement Writing Prompt (Required)
- Preapplication Supplement 1 for Construction Projects Utilizing Loan Dollars
- Preapplication Supplement 1 for Non-Construction Projects Utilizing Loan Dollars
Read the general ARC information below for additional help with the pre-application process:
- ARC Fact Sheet
- FY 2022 Application Process
- ARC Program – Important Supplemental Information
- ARC Program Rating Sheets (Newly updated!)